The Council uses a banding scheme to prioritise applications.
All Waiting List and Transfer applications received for rented accommodation will be assessed and placed in one of 5 bands, A to D and band H. The table below sets out a summary of the banding scheme and gives examples of those applicants who would be eligible to be placed in each band. For a full description please refer to the Housing Register and Allocations Policy
- Urgent medical and/or welfare grounds.
- Serving of former members of the regular Armed Forces of serving or former members of the Reserve Forces who need to move urgently due to serious injury/medical condition/disability sustained in service
- Transfer tenants who have notified their home is to be demolished or redeveloped.
- Households with high welfare or medical need directly linked to their houisng.
- Household occupying a proeprtyy with an assessed Category 1 Hazard
- Tenants of Registered Social Landlords in the Borough willing to move to a property with fewer bedrooms
- Tentnas of Registered Providers in the Borough moving from general needs housing to sheltered housing
- Tenants of Registered Social Landlords in the Borough moving from an adapted proeprty that is no longer required
- Applicants lacking two or more rooms
||Medium Priority and Community Contribution Qualification
- Applicantrs who are serving of former members (left within last 5 years) who have a housing need
- Applicants lacking 1 room
- Transfer tenant living in a flat without a garden and the youngest child is 12 years or under
- Homeseeker currently living in private rented accommodation and the tenancy has been held for less than 4 years
||Low Priority without Community Contribution/Others
- Households with a houisng need as assessed in band C but do not fulfil at least one community contribution category
- Transfer applicants from outside of the Borough who need to move to take up permanent employment in the borough or move closer to work
- Transfer tenants with a good tenancy record but have no housing need as defined in Band A-C
| Band H
||High Priority homeless households to whom the Council has accepted a duty to accommodate
- High priority homeless households for whom the Council has accepted a duty to provide housing under Part 7 of the Housing Act 1996